OSS License compliance with FOSSology - Hands on Training
Speakers: Gaurav Mishra shaheemazmalmmd
Time: Jan 23 (Sat): 18:00
FOSSology is an open source license compliance software system and toolkit. As a toolkit, you can run automated license, copyright and export control scans from the command line. As a system, a Web interface provides you with a compliance workflow. License, copyright and export control scanners are tools used in the workflow. Analyzing open source license compliance requires expert knowledge. Consequently, the use of the tool requires an understanding of license analysis problems and how they are covered by FOSSology. This hands-on training session will provide this understanding.
The following elements are covered:
- Challenges in real-world examples at license analysis
- Learning how to cope with license proliferation and custom license texts
- Efficiently managing large open source components with heterogeneous licensing
- Saving work with reusing license conclusions of open source packages when analyzing
- How FOSSology works with the SPDX standard
- Generating reports (DEP5, SPDX, Word doc, etc)
- New features in the past year of FOSSology
This course will be valuable to anyone concerned with and involved in Open Source Management, including operational and legal executives, software development managers, open source program managers, and developers.
Participants are encouraged to directly work on the given FOSSology software, in the best case on their own notebook computers for using FOSSology after the session as well. Assistance for installation will be provided, but it is advisable to have Docker setup.